Introduction to R
Virtual workshop on Zoom
April 27 and 28, 2023 - from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Marina M. Doucerain is assistant professor in the Psychology Department at Université du Québec à
- Have a basic knowledge of the characteristics and structure of the R language.
- Acquire basic skills in data manipulation using R
- Ability to perform basic statistical analyses (t-test, linear regression)
- Acquire basic skills in data and model visualization.
At the end of this training, participants will have a good knowledge of the R software package which will
allow them to perform simple processing (management, analysis, visualization) on databases.
A basic knowledge of spreadsheet-type (e.g., Excel) or data analysis (e.g., SPSS, SAS, STATA) software is
recommended to get the most out of this workshop. In addition, having already manipulated and analyzed data is essential. A knowledge of the basic principles of fundamental statistical analysis techniques (e.g., linear model, factor analysis) is suggested.
100$ - Student and postdoctoral fellow
200$ - Staff from a QICSS member university
300$ - Any other category
Registration fees must be paid by credit card. Federal and Provincial taxes are not included.
A minimum of 10 participants is required to run the workshop (maximum 12). Registered participants will be refunded if the minimum enrolment is not met.
* QICSS’ member institutions: Université de Montréal, McGill University, Concordia University, UQAM, INRS-UCS, Université de Sherbrooke, Université Laval, Université du Québec and HEC Montréal.