QICSS Summer School
The QICSS Summer School main objective is to train researchers advanced statistical methods to take advantage of the wealth of large databases such as Statistics Canada and the l'Institut de la statistique du Québec. The Summer School also aims to train the next generation and the expansion of social statistics researchers’ pool.
The School is designed for professors, university or public sector researchers, postdoctoral and postgraduate students, and, occasionally, for undergraduates who need training in methods of analysis for large-scale complex surveys, such as those of Statistics Canada and l'Institut de la statistique du Québec in order to conduct research in the context of their work or studies.
2017 Summer School
- SOL 2020 - Statistique sociale avancée - In collaboration with la Faculté des arts et des sciences de l'UdeM
- DMO 6405 - Modèles de risque et de durée - In collaboration with la Faculté des arts et des sciences de l'UdeM
- Structural Equation Modeling Seminar
- Indigenous Peoples data and indicators workshop
- Introduction aux modèles multiniveaux
- Linking administrative data to social and health survey data
- Longitudinal administrative data workshop: the Longitudinal Administrative Databank (LAD) and the Longitudinal Immigration Database (IMDB)
- Indigenous Peoples data workshop
- Migration et santé publique à l’ère de la mondialisation : quelles approches et données pour analyser les enjeux actuels - As part of the 2017 CÉRIUM Summer School
Computer lab and classroom
The lab has 15 computer stations including the necessary software for training. The classroom is equipped with a wireless Internet connection. There is a maximum seating capacity of 25 seats for training (various possible configurations).
The registration periods may be changed without notice.
The QICSS reserves the right to cancel a course or change its schedule. Course outlines, rates and dates may also change without notice. In the event a course is canceled, the QICSS's responsibility is limited to refunding the registration fees received.
The course outlines are available approximately 3 weeks before the course begins.
Methods of payment
Registration fees must be paid by credit card. Federal and Provincial taxes are not included. Credit card accepted (Visa, MasterCard or Amex).
Cancellation fees of QICSS activities
If canceled more than 5 business days before the session: 25% of total registration fees;
5 business days or less before the session: 50% of total registration fees;
2 business days or less before the session: 100% of total registration fees.
All cancellations must be made in writing.
We provide photocopies of the course material. The publications to purchase suggested by the trainers are not provided by QICSS.
During training, we propose to complete an evaluation form to assess participant satisfaction and the achievement of educational goals. The information collected is confidential and anonymous.
Access to paid parking spaces at our office in the basement at 3535, Queen-Mary (Queen Mary Garage).
Access to several restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and grocery stores nearby QICSS. At our office, you have access to a kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave.
Mailing list and Twitter (@CIQSS_QICSS)
Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Twitter to stay informed of the QICSS' news and activities. You may unsubscribe at any time.